EvolveFM Release Notes
The following is an overview of the EvolveFM software
release history. Please contact us with any questions you have on the
new updates & functionality. If needed, we will arrange a time to
demonstrate any of the new features & functionality that you would like
For additional information please download the .pdf document included
with each release note below.
2017 APR (2017.2.15)
All new feature improvements are being designed for the Evolve2 interface.
- Reporting has been migrated to Evolve2 (Reporting Administration is in Classic).
- All modules have been made accessible through Evolve2. Non-migrated Classic modules will open in a new window.
- Evolve2 exports the grid list to .XLSX format.
- "Get Image" has been added to the Drawing Viewer.
- UDA Type of URL has been added to Platform Administration.
Evolve2 User Interface Tutorial
EvolveFM Mobility Takes a Big Step
The major enhancement in this release comes with the conversion of the
Drawing Viewer to HTML5, moving EvolveFM closer to its full conversion to a
device independent platform.
All clients now have access to both the "Classic" EvolveFM interface
and to the new EvolveFM interface that provides a more streamlined look
and feel, and that will replace the Classic interface once the full
migration to HTML5 is complete.
For now, work from either interface, both options connect to the data
in your EvolveFM database. Login directions to the new interface will be
sent to all clients.
The new interface currently provides access to the following modules:
- Maintenance (Operations Module)
- Requester (Operations Module)
- Plan Room (Document Repository Module)
- Work Order tab added to the asset dialog.
- Copy asset added to the Asset Grid (EvolveXM Only).
- Converted to HTML5.
- Center mouse pan/zoom added.
- Multi-edit added to Move Request grid.
- Execute Moves added to the Move Request grid.
- Create Work Order added to Move Request grid.
- Employee ID and Email added to the Select Occupants grid.
- Employee ID and Email added to the Moves grid.
- Closing Move Work Order moves the occupant.
- Executing a move via a Service Request will close out the Work
- Advanced Data Import Occupant Location employee ID has been added as
an additional key field.
- Control added to only display dynamic spreadsheet reports in Dynamic
Spreadsheet tab if the Administrator decides it is appropriate.
!! CRITICAL MODIFICATION !! Automatic Allocation
- Allocate Manually
(Previously "Do Nothing") Use to manually
- Allocate Equally-Space Cost Center
(Previously "Allocate Space
Cost Center") Each cost center assigned to a space will be assigned
an equal portion of that space.
- Allocate-Occupant Cost Center
Cost center will be assigned
equally to each occupant currently assigned to the space.
NOTE: To override the automatic allocation setting behaviors listed above,
you can set any individual space to manually allocate using the "Allocate
Manually" check box located on the Space Dialog Form.
- "Simple Space" grid layout added to the Manage View list in the Space
Grid (use as default grid view for faster data return).
- Drag & Drop panel name changed to Moves.
- "Drag & Drop" function changed to "Point & Click". You now select a
name in the move list and then click the "move-to" space on the drawing.
- Auto Count and Auto Area added to highlights.
Import Error Improved
- "Warning database contains multiple values for selected key" error
will display the duplicate values.
EvolveFM Mobility (EvolveFM HTML)
EvolveFM HTML is the codename for the next big change in your EvolveFM
product. Aside from a more streamlined look and feel, the biggest improvement is
its device independence. Now you can easily interface with Evolve on any
connected device, phone, tablet, or computer.
In this build you'll be able to access the following modules:
- Requester (Operations Module)
- Plan Room (Document Repository Module)
IMPORTANT! Both versions of Evolve (HTM and HTML) are connected to your
EvolveFM database. Working from either application will update the data in your
2015 August (2015.8.1)
EvolveFM Mobility Begins!
This release began the process of transitioning the EvolveFM
application to a Reactive Web Application. This transition is the beginning of EvolveFM mobilization which will
provide the ability to use EvolveFM on an iPad, iPhone, and on Android
This release does not yet expose the new mobility features & look to
users however it does include the feature improvements below.
- Space import messaging and validation improved.
- Space Calculation Method is now displayable in the Floor grid.
- Comments has been added to the email notification.
- Multi-Asset WO is now saved to each asset record on the WO.
- Advanced Data Imports > Space Allocation messaging and validation
Evolve Image Generator
Modified to work in HTTPS environments, it now has the following settings
- <add key="UseHttps" value="false"/>.
- <add key="HttpsPort" value="8210"/>
- <add key="SSLPath" value="c:\"/>
- Web.config now includes internal server variable to allow
separation of Report View application and Evolve application
- Web.config now includes font variable for legend custoization..
2015 April (2015.4.1)
- This release focused on a number of bug fixes.
- No new feature updates.
2014 August (2014.8.1)
- Login now validates against upper and lower case in password.
- Login now accepts apostrophes
New Moves Module
The new EvolveFM Moves module has been introduced in this release. It
allows you to plan and execute your moves from within the application
and it can connect to the Operations & Maintenance module to generate
Work Orders & Service Requests. The Moves module allows you to build
move options and display/modify them graphically. Moves is an additional
module available for purchase.
- Occupant category/type added to Occupant grid.
- Custom label position is now maintained during a new drawing import.
- Print Drawing button now uses the image generator so a high
quality image can be saved and dropped into any other report/file.
- Asset ID added to the Work Order grid.
- Asset ID added to the Service Request grid.
- Sub Status added to the Work Order grid.
- Closed filter added to Work Order grids.
- Work Order dialog calls moved to stored procedure to improve
- Dynamic Spreadsheets now include the ability to work with
Drawing reports (ex: you can use a drawing report to highlight your
- Dynamic Spreadsheets now highlight fields in read that cannot be
used in your filter based on report selection.
- Quick search removed from Dynamic Spreadsheets to allow for
advanced report filtering.
2014 March (2014.3.1)
Quotation marks will not be imported into Evolve. This change
eliminates the importation of erroneous quotation marks automatically
created in .txt files containing comma separated data.
- The Import Drawing interface has been improved.
- The Express import method has been replaced with two new
semi-automatic express options, Express (Spaces Only) and Express
(Spaces & Assets).
- Advanced Import Templates have been added.
The Permission tree default display state is now Collapsed and
buttons have been added for Expand All and Collapse All tree list
Dynamic Spreadsheets now include the ability to filter data for
tabular based structured reports. For example, a general space report
can now be filtered down to return data related to a specific space
type, allocation, etc.
2013 December (2013.12.1)
- Space and Asset: Schedulable
checkbox added to the Attributes tab of each dialog form.
- Floor: Manual Update Only
checkbox has been added to the Attributes tab of the
Floor dialog form.
When selected, the Floor Area will not be updated when a
drawing is imported into Evolve.
- Building: Floor Tab has been
added to the Building dialog form listing all Floors assigned to a building.
- Search controls have been added above the Drawing
This new feature provides easier access to the
Drawing Viewer search features.
- The opened/closed state of the Drawing Viewer
left/right/bottom panes is stored per user login.
This new feature will save the state of the Drawing
Viewer panes each time a user closes the Drawing Viewer.
When the user reopens the Drawing Viewer the panes will
appear in the state (open or closed) in which they appeared
in the user's last drawing session.
- Grid security has been added to Permissions.
This new feature allows you to control permission
to specific data columns within data grids.
- User name has been added to Label & Theme
This update allows you to identify the user who
created a drawing label and/or theme.
- Dynamic Spreadsheets now include associated
UDA data fields.
This update allows you to include your UDA data
in your Dynamic Spreadsheet reporting.
2013 September (2013.9.1)
- Interface to control themes added to Platform
Administration. This new feature allows you to control which Themes
are available in the Drawing Themes list. It provides the
ability to disable themes that you do not use and to make
selected custom themes public and available to all users.
- Interface to control Labels added to Platform
Administration. This new feature allows you to control which Label
Styles are available in the Drawing Label list. It provides
the ability to disable labels that you do not use and to
make selected custom labels public and available to all
- Added ability to turn Manage Themes on/off in security. This update allows you to control permissions to
the Manage Themes button in the Drawing Viewer.
- On multi-select the numeric fields in the Attribute pane are summed. This update displays data in the Attributes pane
for multiple selected spaces on the drawing. The numeric
data fields Area, Planned Headcount, Headcount, and Available
Seats are summed and the calculated value is displayed.
All matching data values are displayed in their corresponding
fields and the word varies displays when data values
differ between the selected spaces.
- Ability to clone PMs. This update added the COPY button to the Preventive
Maintenance grid which allows you to crate new Preventive
Maintenance routines by copying an existing PM.
- Ability to change location based on
Requested For. This updated added the Update Location button next
to the Requester and Requested For data fields on the Service
Request and Work Order forms. When clicked, the Location
data is updated with the data associated to the selected
Requester or Requested For.
- WO# number included in subject line
of notifications. This update added the Work Order number to the
subject line of Maintenance email notifications.
- All fields available
for WO notifications to Labor and Supervisor. This update added all applicable data fields to
Maintenance Labor and Supervisor email notifications.
- Interface to control required fields. This new feature provides the ability to control
the required data fields on most user forms.
- Grid to run/manage additional stored procedures. This new feature provides a user interface within
Evolve to manage and execute custom SQL stored procedures.
- Ability to clone Functional Groups. This update added the COPY button to the User Management
Functional Groups grid, which allows you to create new Functional
Groups by copying an existing Functional Group.
- Multi-edit added to Space grid. This new feature allows you to select multiple records in
the Space grid and then click the OPEN button to display
the Multi Edit form.
- Multi-edit added to Asset grid. This new feature allows you to select multiple records in
the Asset grid and then click the OPEN button to display
the Multi Edit form.
2013 June (2013.6.1)
Advanced Data Imports
- Move In/Move Out dates added to Occupants Advanced
- Simple Move through Advanced Data Imports
with the Maintenance Module.
This new features provides an additional grid in
Advanced Data Imports which collects move data entered using
the Maintenance Module. The data collected can then be exported/imported
into Evolve to manage multiple occupant moves.
- Added data field to capture/display Area 2.
This new features allows you to capture an alternate
value for Area, for example Gross Area and Net Area.
- "Save" Changed to AutoSave when adding
data to the database.
- A Detail Tab has been added to the Space & Building Dialog Forms.
This new feature added the Detail tab to both the
Space form and to the Building form which can be used to
collect additional detail data.
- A visual indication for field types has been added.
This new feature added a gold asterisk to data
fields on dialog forms that accept free text entry. If the
data field is a dropdown list, the values entered will be
automatically added to the box selection list.
- A Work Order tab has been added to
the Asset form and to all Space related forms.
This new feature allows you to view Work Orders
associated to an Asset, Property, Building, Floor, or Space
directly from its dialog form.
- A "New" button has been added to all
forms where a picture can be assigned.
- The Manage Themes dialog form interface for building
custom Drawing Themes has been revised.
- Dynamic Spreadsheets in
This new feature added Dynamic Spreadsheets to the Reports
component providing access to all fields associated to a
specific space, occupant, or asset.
2013 February (2013.2.1)
- Automatic Work Order generation for Preventive Maintenance.
- SQL Server based email notifications for Maintenance.
- Automatic Preventive Maintenance Work Order
generation handled by SQL Server Agent (in full SQL only).
- Moved email notifications to SQL database mail engine.
- Path configurations moved from the Evolve.inc
file to Platform Administration Setup.
2012 November (2012.11.1)
- .NET 4.5 framework now required
- Added the Preventive Maintenance program designer.
- Report RDLs can be created in newer version
of Visual Studio or SQL Report Builder.
- Additional RDLs added to the RDL folder to be
used as templates as well as providing data field and dialog
2012 August (2012.8.1)
- Introduced the Operations & Maintenance Module.
- Move In/Move Out history displayed on the Space
- UDAs added to underlying views.
- UDAs added to Themes.
Share the EvolveFM release note history with your colleagues and friends.